Fraser Island :: Fraser Island Adventure Tours From Tribal Travel
What's it like on Fraser Island?
An absolute “must do” on any travellers list, Fraser Island offers the most primitive of nature experiences. Standing proud as the largest sand island in the world, Fraser Island has over 200 kilometres of spectacular coloured sands, rugged volcanic outcrops, dense rainforest and dazzling freshwater lakes.
Encounter a diverse array of wildlife including turtles, whales, stingrays, dolphins, dugongs, dingoes, birds and wild horses. Even if you’re not an avid wildlife enthusiast, you can’t help but be impressed by the myriad of creatures enjoying life in their natural habitat on Fraser Island.
Accessible from Noosa, Rainbow Beach, Hervey Bay and Brisbane, Fraser Island can only be discovered by 4WD vehicles hardcore enough to tackle the demand of the terrain.
Options for adventures on Fraser Island are endless. You could take a self-drive tag-along tour for the ultimate camping experience. Try your hand at four-wheel driving (age restrictions apply) and have a camp-fire in an Aboriginal campsite. Alternatively, take a more relaxing option and join a fully-guided Fraser Island all inclusive tour. Ranging for between 1 and 3 days, these Fraser Island eco trips come complete with air-conditioned buses, all meals and accommodation.
Make friends and add to your lifetime memories by ensuring you hook-up with a group that’s right for you. Email us at Tribal Travel with your details, and we’ll outline your options.
Tribal Travel :: Hot Backpacking Deals For Fraser Island
Here is just a small selection of our most popular backpacker tours and travel packages to Fraser Island. Remember that here at Tribal Travel in Australia we are able to adapt any package to ensure that it suits your requirements.
- 2 nights accommodation in Rainbow Beach + 2 FREE breakfasts + FREE WIFI + 3 day 2 night 4WD tag-along tour to Fraser Island (inclusive of all fees and insurance, camp equipment and fuel) = $299 (AUD).
- 3 day 2 night guided tour to Fraser Island (includes 4WD air-conditioned bus, guide, accommodation at Eurong Beach Resort and all meals) + 1 night accommodation in Rainbow Beach = $395 (AUD).
- Guided day tour to Fraser Island from Hervey Bay, Rainbow Beach or Noosa (includes 4WD air-conditioned bus, guide and lunch) + 1 night accommodation in Hervey Bay, Rainbow Beach or Noosa = $189 (AUD).
- Tandem skydive from Rainbow Beach (with spectacular views of Fraser Island and a beach landing) + 1 FREE night accommodation in Rainbow Beach + FREE breakfast = $315 (AUD).
If you'd like more information about these packages, or if you'd like Tribal Travel to build you a personalised package, just send us an email. Remember that the Tribal Travel travel planning service is totally free and you are under no obligation to buy from us. We also pride ourselves on beating any other genuine travel quotes that you may have received.
Tribal Travel :: Fraser Island: Did You Know ...
- There are over 40 freshwater lakes on Fraser Island, some of which are estimated to be over 300,000 years old, and (arguably) hold the purest water in the world.
- There are no paved roads on Fraser Island, except for in some resorts.
- Fraser Island boasts a diverse range of 72 different coloured sands.
- The aboriginals named Fraser Island "K'Gari"- which means "paradise" - very apt!
- Fraser Island was deservedly listed as World Heritage land in 1992.