Noosa :: A MUST VISIT.
What's it like in Noosa?
Noosa ranks amongst the top tourist destinations in Australia, but even with the pressure of all this popularity it still manages to exude exclusivity and relaxation.
Located in southern Queensland, north of Brisbane, Noosa is the kind of place that has something for everyone. Famous for its beautiful surf beaches, and its draw for the rich and famous, Noosa also offers countless options for backpackers.
Sprawled along one of the most picturesque coasts in the world, Noosa National Park has an outstanding coastal walk, with various options of inland rainforest tracks – keep your eyes peeled as koalas inhabit the eucalyptus trees above, and whales or dolphins are often sighted out at sea. Check-out the many little coves, ideal for swimming and snorkelling, and the yearly swell that captivates surfers far and wide.
Kick-back and relax in Noosa, or try out some of the activities on offer. Kayak in the sea or on the beautiful Noosa River; try your hand at surfing; or simply chill out on the beach or at one of the comfortable hostels. Feeling energetic? You can catch a free courtesy bus to Steve Irwin's famous Australia Zoo, join a tour to Fraser Island, or discover the serene wilderness of Noosa Everglades.
The nightlife in Noosa caters well for the backpacker and student market, so it's definitely worth heading-out after dark. We highly recommend Tribal Night every Monday at Sogo Bar, where all ticket holders get a FREE BBQ meal, Tribal Night drinks and FREE entry to a multiple prize draw where you can win travel prizes, food & beverage vouchers, More importantly it’s a great place to meet and swap tales with other travellers. Grab a free ticket from the Tribal Travel shop in Noosa Junction.
Don’t miss out this destination on your travels. Many who visit stay longer than intended, and everyone longs to return.
Hot Backpacking Deals for Noosa
Here is just a small selection of some of the activities that you could do in or from Noosa. Remember that we can include any tours in your package to ensure all your boxes are ticked.
- 3 Day 2 Night Self guided Noosa Everglades Canoe Discovery. Trip includes: motor boat trip up the Noosa River + use of canoes + airtight barrel + tent and sleeping mats + cooking and eating utensils + eskies + water + briefing and maps = $135 (AUD).
- Surf lesson on beautiful Noosa Main Beach. Lesson includes: professional tuition, board and wetsuit. And the best bit is that you're guaranteed to stand-up and catch a wave within the 2 hours - get the camera ready! = $60 (AUD).
- Head to Australia Zoo from Noosa from just $52 (AUD). This price includes free return coach transport from the heart of Noosa. Crickey!
If you'd like more information about any of the above tours, or you'd like to know what else is on offer in Noosa, just send us an email. Remember that our travel planning service is totally free and you are under no obligation to buy from us. We also pride ourselves on beating any other genuine travel quote that you may have received.
Noosa: Did you know ...
- Noosa has a population cap of 50,000, and a strict rule of “no high-rise developments” to protect its beauty for the future.
- The name Noosa came from the Aboriginal word meaning “shadows” or “shade”. This is most probably a reference to the relief the tall forests of the area offered from the sun.
- Noosa enjoys a sub-tropical climate tempered by the ocean. This means that it is rarely too hot or too cold.
- Virgin Group chief, Sir Richard Branson, purchased Makepeace Island on the Noosa River, to build his dream Balinese-style retreat.