Western Australia :: Backpacker Tours
What's it like in Western Australia?
Whenever a weather forecast for Perth is shown on the television, there is always a perfect row of glowing, happy suns. This just about sums up the travel experience that Western Australia has to offer. To travel in Western Australia is like stepping into another world.
The awe-inspiring coastline of WA stretches over 12,000 kilometres, and is home to coral reefs, shipwrecks and stunning surf beaches. Check-out Cable Beach in Broome, fringed by the turquoise Indian Ocean, which is ranked in the top five beaches in the world. Be amazed by Ningaloo Reef, the world’s largest fringing reef, reached by the world’s shortest swim, allowing snorkelers ease of access to view the tropical world below. Experience the genuinely unique ritual at Monkey Mia as wild dolphins swim into the shoreline to delight and entertain.
The bustling cosmopolitan city of Perth, is a shimmering jewel in the crown of Western Australia. Relax or get active in the parks or on the beaches. It’s a perfect spot from which to explore the Margaret River, where vineyards creep down to meet the beaches.
Take the time to head inland in Western Australia. The colossal expanse of the Western Australian outback has rugged gorges, ancient rocks and roads that disappear into the horizon. Check out the only horizontal waterfall on earth in The Kimberley's, and the fascinating gold rush history at Kalgoorlie.
A particularly unmissable part of Australia, WA is sometime excluded from travel plans due to the time and money used travelling there. Not so when you book the right tours with the right people. Contact us to plan your Western Australian adventure and you’ll be surprised that it could work for you.
Hot Backpacking Deals for Western Australia
Here is just a small selection of our most popular backpacker tours and travel packages which explore Western Australia. Remember that we are able to adapt any package to ensure that it suits your requirements.
- Swim with the elusive whale sharks on Ningaloo Reef. March to late July only. This full day tour includes: all snorkelling equipment + wetsuits + delicious lunch + snacks + drinks + a cruise of the Ningaloo Reef looking for dolphins, dugongs and turtles + FREE photo CD of the day = $360 (AUD). Optional extra scuba dive for just $55 (AUD).
- Discover the Kimberley's on a 2 tour from Broome. Tour includes: transfers/transport + meals + National Park fees + 2 hours Geikie Gorge cruise + experienced, knowledgeable guide = $495 (AUD).
- Fully-guided tour from Perth to Broome. Tour includes: transfers, air-conditioned transport, excellent guides, accommodation/camping, all tours and entry fees, extensive itinerary taking-in everything worth seeing (bushwalking, sandboarding, Pinnacles Desert, Monkey Mia, Kalbarri National Park, stromatolites, Shark Bay, Ningaloo Reef, Cable Beach sunset, Karijini National Park and loads more) = $1395 (AUD).
If you'd like more information about these backpacker tours, or if you'd like us to build you a personalised travel package, just send us an email. Remember that our travel planning service is totally free, and you are under no obligation to buy from us. We also pride ourselves on beating any other genuine travel quotes you may have received.
Western Australia: Did you know ...
- The Lonely Planet has voted Western Australia one of the top places to visit on the planet.
- Perth, the capital city of Western Australia has over 3,000 dazzlingly beautiful hours of sunshine a year.
- Western Australia occupies a massive one third of Australia’s total landmass.
- Unbelieveably, Perth is the most isolated city in the world.
- The world’s oldest form of living organisms (the incredible stromatolites) can be found in Western Australia.