Fiji Travel :: Fiji Backpacker Tours
What's it like in Fiji?
Fiji, with its spectacular array of sun-drenched tropical islands is a backpackers dream. Famous for its role in many Hollywood films, including Tom Hank’s "Castaway", its stunning white beaches and swaying coconut palms make Fiji the iconic tropical getaway.
Culture and history are at the forefront of any visit to Fiji, as the local Fijians have a fantastic reputation for being the highlight of many travellers visit to the islands. Known for their relaxed and colourful lifestyles, the Fijians are ever welcoming to visitors in their radiant homeland. Just be happy to bask in their friendly smiles, or take the time to visit a local village and experience genuine sustainable living.
The number of options for exploring the islands is endless, and although Fiji has its fair share of luxury resorts, backpackers are also really well catered for. Ferries run between Nadi (the mainland port) and the islands all day, every day, making island-hopping an easy and fun option. Alternatively, island stays can be more relaxing and allow you the time and opportunity to unwind in one of the chilled-out hostels.
Or, if you’re on a tight timescale and want to ensure you get a good overview at a great price, opt for a package which takes you around a set number of islands and includes activities such as scuba-diving, snorkelling, kayaking and white-water rafting.
For help planning your trip and to make sure that you get exactly what’s right for you, contact us and we’ll happily put you on the right track.
Hot Backpacking Deals for Fiji
Here is just a small selection of our most popular backpacker tours and travel packages which allow you to explore the beautiful Fijian Islands. Remember that we are able to adapt any package to ensure that it suits your specific requirements.
- Full day guided tour from Nadi to Robinson Crusoe Island. Including: return transfers from Nadi accommodation to Denarau Marina + jungle river cruise + traditional kava welcome ceremony + BBQ chicken, salad bar and cool tropical fruits + spectacular fire dance + Polynesian show + island guitars and awesome entertainment = $85 (AUD).
- Island hopping package for 7 days. Including: all ferry crossings and transport + 4 beautiful Fijian Islands in the southern Yasawas and the famous Blue Lagoon Region + all meals + dorm accommodation (upgrades available) + massive range of activities and entertainment (and a choice of optional extra activities) + FREE BULA WELCOME PACKAGE. Includes: Meet and greet on arrival at Nadi Airport + transfer to Nadi accommodation + 1st night accommodation + cooked breakfast + transfer to Denarau Marina to begin island hopping package = $734 (AUD).
- Bula Combo Passes. These passes include 1 return journey from Nadi to the Yasawas + 1 island hop per day + dorm (or upgraded accommodation) + meals + pass guide + FREE transfer from Nadi accommodation to Denarau Marina = From $527 (AUD) for 7 days.
If you'd like more information about the packages, or if you'd like us to build you a personalised travel package, just send us an email. Remember that our travel planning service is totally free and you are under no obligation to buy from us. We also pride ourselves on beating any other genuine travel quotes you may have received.
Fiji: Did you know ...
- Fiji contains a total of 333 inhabited tropical islands, and many more smaller, uninhabited islands.
- The highest mountain in Fiji is Mount Tomanivi, which is around 4,300 feet high.
- Fiji is one of the first places in the world to greet each new day, due to its situation on the International Date Line. On the island of Taveuni you can stand with one foot in one day, and one foot in the day before!
- If you are visiting a traditional Fijian village only the chief is allowed to wear sunglasses and a hat.
- A little over a century ago local Fijians were thought to be ferocious cannibals.