New Zealand :: Backpacker Tours
What's it like in New Zealand?
New Zealand is quite simply a traveller’s dream country. Consisting of 2 small islands – the North Island and the South Island, the manageable size and diversity of New Zealand has everything to make this an almost unbeatable trip highlight for any backpacker.
The extraordinary geography of New Zealand has created some awesome scenery. Think of volcanoes, glaciers, snow-capped mountains, rainforests, beaches and crater lakes. In fact, think of the back drops in the Hollywood blockbuster movie, "The Lord Of The Rings", and you have New Zealand.
Extremely well-known as the world capital for adrenalin sports, New Zealand will not disappoint even the most avid thrill-seeker with its range of options for rip-roaring adventure. Jump outside your comfort zone and get your heart racing with bungy jumping, canyon swinging, zorbing, white-water rafting, climbing, abseiling, snowboarding, and much, much more.
Alternatively, take in the more tranquil side of New Zealand, relax and unwind with a sailing trip in the Bay of Islands (often compared to the beautiful Australian Whitsunday Islands), or explore New Zealand’s natural heritage in some of the 14 untamed National Parks.
New Zealand offers many great options for backpackers and is famous for its high standard of hostel accommodation. If you’re on a time-limit, we can get you around both islands in 2 weeks, showing you all the highlights and delights on offer. However, if time is plentiful take a while, and choose a more flexible option. Contact us, and we can guide you through your choices and help you to plan your trip to New Zealand.
Hot Backpacking Deals for New Zealand
Here is just a small selection of our most popular backpacker deals for New Zealand. We are always receiving updated information on special rates, so please contact us for the very latest information.
- Travel ALL of New Zealand with Magic Bus (our preferred supplier) - yes, that's both the North and South Islands for just $425 (AUD).
- 15% discount on all National Traveller passes within New Zealand for all Student/VIP/YHA and backpacker card holders.
- Purchase a pass for the North Island and receive a pass for the South Island for FREE. Plus the Bay of Islands
If you'd like more information about these special deal, or if you'd like us to build you a personalised package for New Zealand, just send us an email. Remember that our travel planning service is is totally free and you are under no obligation to buy from us. We also pride ourselves on beating any other genuine quote you may have received.
New Zealand: Did you know ...
- The indigenous Maori name of New Zealand is "New Zealand Aotearoa". Translated into English it means "New Zealand, The Land of the Long White Cloud".
- New Zealand’s largest lake is Lake Taupo. Extending to 616 square kilometres, it is slightly smaller than Singapore.
- New Zealand is part of “The Pacific Rim of Fire”. Mount Ruapehu, situated in central North Island, is the most active volcano in the country.
- Bungee jumping was invented in New Zealand. The world’s first commercial bungy (or bungee) jump took place in Queenstown in 1988.
- New Zealand is home to the largest flightless parrot, oldest reptile, biggest earthworms, smallest bats, heaviest insect, and many rarest species of birds and insects in the world.